Golden Elite Group is proud to bring the next evolution of hybrid flooring to the Australian market ? Stone Polymer Timber (SPT) So what makes this product different?
Golden Elite SPT incorporates a 1.5mm natural cork backing layer rather than the more popular foam type options.
1. Cork is made up of suberin which is a waterproof, waxy substance that is present in the cell walls and this is the major reason for the high resistance to degradation and the low permeability of this natural material. There are plenty of alarmist theories on the web about cork floors soaking up water like a sponge. The reality is that cork actually ranks alongside some of the more water-resistant wood flooring options out there.
2. The natural resistance of cork to crushing helps eliminate permanent dents or deformities caused by heavy objects resting on the floor.
3. The inclusion of a cork significantly reduces the sound of footstep noise both within the room and in the space below, in the case of 2nd floor and above installations.
4. Cork can make floors feel much warmer because of its natural thermal insulating qualities.
5. The natural texture of cork improves the mechanical friction between it and the subfloor surface which supports dimensional and joint stability in floating floor applications.
*WARNING: Please note that the photo and sample boards represent species NOT colour. The photo/panel you are viewing now may appear different from the flooring in the pack due to natural product colour variation.
* Photo below ? Illustrations from AUSTRALIAN TIMBER FLOORING ASSOCIATION CONSUMER (ATFA) GUIDEversion 2 ? September 2010